Hariyali Teej is historically noticed by ladies in India to welcome monsoons throughout the month of Sawan or Shravana. On this present day, married ladies adorn their fingers with henna designs and put on inexperienced saris or lehengas and inexperienced bangles to watch quick for lengthy lifetime of their husbands. The competition devoted to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati is widely known in North Indian states, particularly in Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand. (Additionally learn: This Hariyali Teej, binge on some basic desi dishes)
No competition is full with out some good meals. Quite a lot of candy and savoury dishes are ready by ladies on the competition that are loved by all members of the family.
Listed below are some Teej desserts you’ll be able to strive making.
1. Seviyan Mauzzafer
Vermicelli – 500gm
Full cream milk – 1 ltr
Pistachios – 10gm
Almonds flakes – 10gm
Desi ghee – 50gm
Khoya – 50gm
Inexperienced cardamom powder – 2gm
• Warmth ghee in a deep bottomed pan. Add seviyan and roast until golden brown. As soon as performed, take away from warmth and hold apart.
• Boil milk in a pan. Add chopped nuts and prepare dinner for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar till its blends nicely with the milk.
• Grate the khoya and add it to the milk. Prepare dinner until the combination thickens. Add the seviyan and prepare dinner for five minutes or until no liquid stays. Add the powdered cardamom and blend nicely. Garnish with chopped nuts and serve chilly or sizzling.
2. Annanas aur Kalonji ki Gujia
Ghee/oil to fry
Maida (All goal flour) – 500 gm
Oil/ghee (melted) – 6 tbsp
Pineapple – 1 kg
Kalonji – 10gm
Khoya – 200 gm
Inexperienced cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Almonds, chopped – 25 gm
Cashew nuts, chopped – 25 gm
Raisins – 25 gm
Dried coconut, shredded – 25 gm
Sugar – 100 gm
• Sieve the flour and add oil in flour and blend with fingers.
• Add moisture and make a good dough, cowl with damp fabric and hold apart.
• Wash and peel pineapple, grate them and sauté in ghee with kalonji.
• Stir constantly to prepare dinner evenly and add khoya.
• Add inexperienced cardamom powder, raisin and dry nuts, dried coconut and prepare dinner on sluggish flame.
• Prepare dinner until sticky consistency and add sugar if desired.
• Enable it to chill.
• Divide the dough into small balls and roll every ball into 4 inches diameter pancakes.
• Fill the pancakes with the pineapple filling and seal the pastry in half moon form, twisting the perimeters inwards.
• Repeat the identical to remainder of the dough and fry in medium warmth.
• Fry until golden brown in coloration and garnish with tutti frutti.
3. Almond Rose Rabri
Almonds (with out pores and skin) – 200gm
Milk – 1 litre
Sugar free – 3 tbsp
Pistachio, chopped – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Khoya – 50gm
Rose water – 2 tbsp
Saffron few strands
• Warmth a pan, prepare dinner milk until lowered to half. Cut back the warmth.
• Crush and add saffron strands to take advantage of, and let it prepare dinner for five minutes over low warmth.
• Now add almonds, khoya and sugar free to it. Combine nicely and prepare dinner for 3 minutes.
• Add pistachio, cardamom powder, and blend nicely. Prepare dinner for two minutes
• Take away from warmth, and add rose water to it. Combine nicely and let it cool barely.
• Garnish with chopped pistachio, nuts, berries or dried rose petals. Get pleasure from!
(Recipes by Swapandeep Mukherjee, Head Chef, The Metropolitan Resort & Spa)